UV-BIRDERS Archives

November 2007, Week 3

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
"Harold M. Swartz" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Harold M. Swartz
Date:
Sat, 17 Nov 2007 11:47:05 -0500
We had a huge flock of crows (200 - 300 probably) on our meadow near River Road
in Lyme, that had one that looked a little less black. It turned out to be a
hawk (probably an immature goshawk) in crow's clothing, who suddenly went after
and caught one of the crows as the flock took flight. But then the flock, which
had departed, noticed the event and came back en mass to harass the hawk who
then lost the prey (who was able to fly away) and was chased into the next
state by the flock.
Hal & Ann

278 River Road
Lyme, NH