UV-BIRDERS Archives

April 2018, Week 4

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Fri, 27 Apr 2018 11:25:40 -0400
Just saw a lot of splashing quite far out on the pond.  With binoculars, we saw it was an adult Bald Eagle swimming, rather like doing the breast stroke with both wings coming way out of the water at the same time!  Pair of loons were wailing a warning, as well as crows cawing away in the shoreline woods.  We were afraid it was in distress, as it paddled quite a long way, but it eventually took flight.  We did not see any catch hanging from its feet.

We have seen Bald Eagles two or three times a year, all seasons.  There is still quite a bit of ice on the pond, maybe 25%.

Norma
Goose Pond, Canaan NH

To unsubscribe:  E-mail this command to [log in to unmask]  UNSUBSCRIBE UV-Birders
To change your e-mail address:  E-mail this command from your old address to: [log in to unmask]  CHANGE UV-Birders [new e-mail address]