UV-BIRDERS Archives

April 2014, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Sun, 13 Apr 2014 10:42:10 -0400
Watching from my Norwich deck, lots of Juncos, several Song Sparrows and  White Throated Sparrows, BC Chickadees, R and W breasted Nuthatches, a Crow, Robins, a Redwing blackbird, a Golden-crowned Kinglet (yay!) .. Suddenly rust colored plumage, thought it might be the Fox Sparrow I suspected I had been hearing singing this morning , but was a Hermit Thrush. Seems early, though my computer is in the shop so I can't check ebird graphs :(    I know they are here sometimes into the winter so I guess it makes sense that they would also be an early arrival.  The foragers are loving the soaked ground.. All kinds of delicious treats must be coming to the surface!

Sent from my iPad