UV-BIRDERS Archives

May 2010, Week 4

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Bill Shepard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Shepard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 May 2010 06:27:09 -0400
The home birds are always a highlight.

Last pm we had 2 singing Veeries, and the Am Woodcock was peenting and
"twittering"
  I even mowed a patch of the field yesterday, to make sure there was a
short grass singing ground.

Indigo Bunting is about much of the day.

Had Barred Owls doing their "wacka-waka" vocals last pm.  And the night song
of the Ovenbird.

Did the UVD road from the flag pole to Thet Ctr sat am.. much the same list
as Ted and Becky

Did have a site first Mockingbird at the flagpole.   Filed Sparrow too.
A Solitary Sandpiper at the MY TR.  and notable: lots of Alder Flycatchers.

Bradford Depo produced fine looks at ventriloquist Blackpoll Warbler, bunch
around friday and sat.  Willow Flyc there too.

I hear Am Redstarts around .... seems to be more than usual ??

Happy Trails

Bill S