UV-BIRDERS Archives

March 2008, Week 3

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Jim Block <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Block <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 2008 08:05:10 -0400
Perhaps redpolls prefer the higher elevations away from the river valley.
I've had 50+ almost every day for the last few months. I'm in Etna at 1500
feet. They were here yesterday while snow was coating the icy trees.  Ice
still covers our trees this morning.  It seems I see them most reliably when
it is snowing.  Is that characteristic?

Jim Block
http://mysite.verizon.net/jimblockphoto/jimblockphotography/index.html