UV-BIRDERS Archives

May 2010, Week 1

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Lila Ollmann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lila Ollmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 May 2010 10:27:08 -0400
Thanks everyone who gave me their ideas on what the bird could be! I'm still
not sure, but after watching YouTube videos of singing birds (I LOVE the
internet!) it occurred to me that maybe it was a Pine Siskin! Someone's
comment after a video described the song almost exactly like I did! The
recordings on cornell's site or audubon's site have much longer warbles, but
the rising zzzzip part sounds more like it than anything else.  I'll still
have to go out and look for it. And still open to ideas!

Lila Ollmann