UV-BIRDERS Archives

May 2008, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Bill Shepard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Shepard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 May 2008 07:10:14 -0400
Hello y'all.

Saturday Myles and I (he biked/ i rollerbladed) around Lake Morey. Neat
thing to do ! Get exercise and there is a fiine variety of avian activity.
(we had such a good time that we tried again on Sunday: Mom's.. but we had
bike trouble, did add a few species.

36 species sat, added 7 on sunday.

C Loons, F Ring-necked Duck, Osprey, Bald Eagle, Dbl-cr Cor, Belted Kingf,
YB Sap, Least Fly, Gr Crested Fly, BH Vireo, Warbliing Vireo, House Wren,

No Parula, CS Warbler, Yellow Rump, BL-Thr Green, Blackburnian, Pine, Am
Redstart, Ovenbird, Co Yellowthroat,

Song Sp, Chipping, RB Grosbeak, BA Oriole, Purple Fin,

On your soon-to-be-replaced Birding Trail maps...  site #1 on the UV map is
the Boltonville Nature Trail...  this trail site is due to the special
efforts of Newbury VT dairy farmer Alice Allen. The site is also on map #2
site #39 Blue Mtn Un HS...  for prob 8 years I have led a birdwalk there.
Follows an old RR bed.
Directions: Exit17... take a RT go 200 yds, take left toward Lumber Mill...
we meet at 6:30am   We are meeting more on the high school end of the trail
this Friday am, May 16.

MAPS...  all proofing is done... may be printed early next week.

Best

Bil S

Checked by AVG.
5:24 PM