UV-BIRDERS Archives

December 2011, Week 3

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Chris Rimmer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Rimmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Dec 2011 22:40:23 -0500
Although I Iong ago conceded the 2011 Windsor Co. Quest title to either
Ed Hack or Spencer Hardy (although George Clark is nipping on their
heels), it's still fun to try for a new species, with < 2 weeks to go.
I took a quick run down River Road in WRJ this afternoon, hoping to see
the Great Black-backed Gulls that Ed, Spencer and Doug Hardy have had
along the Conn R.  Stopping across from the south end of Johnson Island
(basically right across the river from Home Depot), I was able to scan
upriver with my scope and view some of the small rocky islands and bars
just north of Johnson.  On one of them were two adult Great
Black-backeds, the only gulls in view.

I also had a Song Sparrow in the shrubby undergrowth between the
railroad track and River Road.

Chris

--
Chris Rimmer