UV-BIRDERS Archives

April 2007, Week 4

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Arthur Mudge <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Arthur Mudge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Apr 2007 21:32:02 -0400
Saturday's walk was most notable for the birds we didn't see or hear, no warblers, no thrushes (other than Robins), and the only sparrows were Song Sparrows.  The waterfowl were abundant for this time of year, however.  At various stops along the River from Hanover to Lyme's Grant Brook Sanctuary, we saw Wood Duck, Hooded Mergansers, Common Mergansers, Green Winged Teal, Mallards and Canada Geese.  Heard but not seen were Brown Creeper and Yellow Bellied Sapsuckers.  We enjoyed a beautiful morning and good company, and this warmer weather should bring in a lot more migrants for next Saturday morning's walk.