UV-BIRDERS Archives

August 2013, Week 4

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Peter LaBelle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter LaBelle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Aug 2013 12:21:35 -0400
At Union Village on the 18th, two Solitary Sandpipers, and a porcupine. The porcupine was in a tree right by the road, completely stationary, looking almost dead. It showed no sign of noticing us, and we got quite close.
Yesterday, I walked down to the pond on the Mystery Trail, and scared up an American Bittern!

Monarch along cambell flats yesterday around noon, only one I've seen in VT this year.

Last night we turned on the lights and attracted a lot of moths, some I can't ID are below, If anyone knows their moths help would be appreciated.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68961563@N02/9567981935/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/68961563@N02/9567988463/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/68961563@N02/9567991393/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/68961563@N02/9570789168/in/photostream/