UV-BIRDERS Archives

December 2012, Week 5

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
PAMELA HUNT <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
PAMELA HUNT <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Dec 2012 22:01:09 -0500
Greetings all,

In a bit of spontaneous birding enthusiasm, I decided this evening to
attempt a re-invigoration of the Grafton-Bristol NH CBC. This count was
started by Phred Benham, and according to the data on the CBC website it was
run from 2002-2008. Then Phred went to college and grad school (Phred - if
you get this - let me know!!! - especially since the center coordinates on
the CBC website are WAY off).

The 2012 Grafton-Bristol CBC will officially be attempted on Monday,
December 31, 2012.

We don't intend this to be a full-blown hard-core CBC at this point, in part
because it's going to be REALLY cold Monday morning, in part because I don't
have the exact circle boundaries, and in part because this is last minute.
To that end, all interested parties should plan to meet at **8:00 a.m.** at
the Cumberland Farms in Bristol (on route 104 near the village center - just
west of where Route 3A comes in from the south). At this point we'll see
who's there and divide things up. We'll regroup for lunch somewhere to see
what we've found, after which some can keep birding and others can go home.

Interested parties can just show up, reply to this email, or call me at home
at 753-9137 Sunday afternoon.

The general area for this CBC - as far as I can tell at the moment -
includes all of Newfound Lake, most of Bristol, all of the towns of Orange
and Alexandria, the northern halves of Danbury and Hill, and the eastern
half of Grafton. We'll probably focus mostly on the lake and settled areas
(for feeders), and definitely go for the Red-headed Woodpecker that's still
visiting a feeder in Alexandria (and which has already made it for "count
week").

All for now, maybe see some folks at 0800 on Monday!

Pam Hunt
Penacook, NH