UV-BIRDERS Archives

May 2014, Week 1

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
"Linda L." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda L.
Date:
Wed, 7 May 2014 13:23:58 -0700
There were so many yellow rumps at Dewey Pond this morning,it was like walking through an aviary.  My passage barely disturbed those perched on branches at eye level.

Among them were a palm warbler, yellow warbler, warbling vireo, king bird, tree swallows, mourning doves, song sparrows, robins and redwings.  Pretty much the same cast of characters as last year, except no goldfinches.  Only Canada geese visible in the pond.
An oriole was perched in the first tree on the left as you enter the parking area, brilliant in the early morning sun.  Didn't see the crossbills but 2 catbirds were in the pines by the road.
My RB Grosbeaks returned last Saturday. Always a delight.

Linda L
Quechee