UV-BIRDERS Archives

April 2008, Week 3

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
"J. Langevin" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
J. Langevin
Date:
Fri, 18 Apr 2008 22:23:46 -0400
    At my suet feeder late Thurs. PM
    1 Common Flicker
    This AM on George Pond a group of 13 Ring-Necked Ducks Only one female in the group.
    On the Marsh just south of my house on Rte. 4A Two M
Wood Ducks.  They were close to the road until we turned around and stopped.  They flew to anoter pool further back near the woods.  This PM I went back with my camera.  There were 3 M and possibly 1 or 2 F.  They were over back near the woods.  I took several pictures with results of one good side pose of one M.  Also saw one Muskrat swimming in an area near the road.
    One Tree Swallow flying over Boarders book store this PM.  Tree Swallows on George Hill near Blueberry picking place and again near the house just before McDaniels Marsh this AM.  The Marsh is mostly open water.  Little Sunapee and Kolelemook Lakes are still ice covered.
    Last Sunday, when in Derry, NH, I heard peepers.
    Both of my ponds are ice free but no quackers (wood frogs) yet.  We need some warm showers to melt the snow and ice in the woods.
    J. Langevin
    Enfield Center