UV-BIRDERS Archives

October 2015, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
George Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
George Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Oct 2015 17:17:55 -0400
This is a reminder that Windsor County 2015 Birding Quest is to be holding a bird walk at Lake Runnemede in Windsor, Vt from 7:30 to 10:00 AM on Sunday October 18, 2015, to be led by Scott Johnson, George Clark, and others. This bird walk is free and open to the public. Bring binoculars and scopes if available. Be prepared to walk as much as a mile over uneven and likely damp terrain. We’ll be looking for both water and land birds with special emphasis on fall migrants. If unfortunately there should be steady, heavy, rain, this walk will be canceled.

Road instructions: From Exit 9 off I-91, turn south on Route 5 towards Windsor. After going about 3 miles southward on Route 5, look for an empty greenish-colored store on the left, with Price Chopper supermarket just beyond, also on the left. This walk will begin at 7:30 AM by the entrance to a long driveway directly across Route 5 from the empty store. Please do not drive into that driveway, vehicular use of which is reserved for local residents. Parking is available along Route 5, but be sure your site is legal.

Carpoolers from towns around the Hanover/Norwich area are to leave from the commuter parking lot off River Road in Norwich by the Ledyard Bridge at 7:00 AM. (To reach the Ledyard Bridge lot from Exit 13 off I-91 in Norwich, turn towards Hanover. On approaching the Ledyard Bridge, pull into the left turn lane, and turn left at the traffic light onto River Road. Then take an immediate left into the unpaved commuter parking lot.) Carpoolers will aim to return to Norwich by 10:30 AM.

George Clark
Norwich, VT