UV-BIRDERS Archives

August 2010, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
spencer hardy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
spencer hardy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 2010 10:00:34 -0400
The warbler show continues. This morning from about 7-8, we compiled the
following highlights in the trees around our house.
By far the best was a male Cape May Warbler that allowed great views for a
minute or two. It was also nice to see some summer birds still at the
feeders.

By 8 am, the warblers appeared to have left the yard for more typically
habitats.

Spencer and Doug Hardy
Norwich, VT

Location:     home
Observation date:     8/13/10
Notes:     calm, 64°F, overcast; all in our yard
Number of species:     30

Ruby-throated Hummingbird - Archilochus colubris     3
Downy Woodpecker - Picoides pubescens     2
Hairy Woodpecker - Picoides villosus     1
Least Flycatcher - Empidonax minimus     2
Eastern Phoebe - Sayornis phoebe     1
Warbling Vireo - Vireo gilvus     1
Blue Jay - Cyanocitta cristata     4     heavy head molt, "bald"
Tree Swallow - Tachycineta bicolor     5
Barn Swallow - Hirundo rustica     1
Red-breasted Nuthatch - Sitta canadensis     1     fresh
Nashville Warbler - Vermivora ruficapilla     2
Cape May Warbler - Dendroica tigrina     1     great looks at alt.
plumage or 1st yr. male
Black-throated Blue Warbler - Dendroica caerulescens     1
Black-throated Green Warbler - Dendroica virens     2
Blackburnian Warbler - Dendroica fusca     1
Black-and-white Warbler - Mniotilta varia     1
American Redstart - Setophaga ruticilla     1
Common Yellowthroat - Geothlypis trichas     2
Chipping Sparrow - Spizella passerina     1
Rose-breasted Grosbeak - Pheucticus ludovicianus     4     family
group with begging
Baltimore Oriole - Icterus galbula     3
Purple Finch - Carpodacus purpureus     5     body molt

This report was generated automatically by eBird v2(http://ebird.org/vt)