UV-BIRDERS Archives

September 2013, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
george clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
george clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Sep 2013 20:08:02 -0400
 From 7:00 until 10:15 AM on Saturday September 21, 2013, Windsor
County 2013 Birding Quest will hold a bird walk, led by Chris Rimmer
and George Clark, along and near the Connecticut River in Vermont
looking for fall migrants of all kinds. This bird walk is free and
open to the public. Bring binoculars and scopes if available, and be
prepared to walk as much as a mile over fairly level terrain.

We'll meet at 7 AM at the Ledyard Bridge commuter parking lot and plan
to return there by 10:15 AM. We'll carpool to favorable sites along
and near the river. This scheduling is intended to allow participants
to continue to the Hanover Conservancy's Hawk Watch which begins at 11
AM on Balch Hill in Hanover, NH.

To reach the starting point from Exit 13 off I-91, turn on Route 10A
towards Hanover. When descending towards the Ledyard Bridge, pull into
the left lane and at the traffic light turn left onto River Road in
Norwich. There, take an immediate left turn into the unpaved commuter
parking lot.

George Clark
Norwich, VT