UV-BIRDERS Archives

May 2012, Week 1

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
"Matthew J. Stone" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matthew J. Stone
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2012 13:47:28 -0400
I had no binoculars with me, and no extra time, but about 45 minutes ago
I thought I saw a Vesper Sparrow by DHMC Lot 20, where it exits onto Mt.
Support Road, across the street from Colburn Hill.

It was in the short grass near the loop road which goes around Lot 20
toward the Cancer Center/ED Entrance area (I think it's the NW side of
the intersection).  I flushed it and watched it fly into a small tree
nearby.  Little brown job with white outer rectrices, clearly visible
when it was landing in the tree.  I can't think of anything else it
could've been. It seemed much too light brown to be a junco, but I
didn't get a very long look.

matt stone