UV-BIRDERS Archives

May 2007, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
shawn donovan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 14 May 2007 14:31:10 -0400
Saturday morning, I was in the K-mart Plaza shopping center
parking lot when I noticed a small Baltimore Oriole high in a
blooming cherry tree (one of many such trees).

As I stood with my head craned back, people getting out of their
cars were asking what I saw? The name of the bird generated a
lot of excitement. Before long, five or six people around me
were all looking up at the tree talking about birds...most of
whom it seemed never knew they might be bird watchers. It was
fun to share the excitement with others.
Shawn