UV-BIRDERS Archives

May 2010, Week 3

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Sandy Stettenheim <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandy Stettenheim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 May 2010 21:46:33 -0400
Those interested in "doing something" about the BP oil spill in the Gulf
should check out the Sierra Club <sierraclub.org>. As you will see attempts
are being made by the Sierra Club and other environmental groups to hold
both BP and MMS accountable for the disaster, as well as challenging the US
government to enforce the standards.
http://action.sierraclub.org/site/PageNavigator/adv_oilspill
There are also the state chapters <vermont.sierraclub.org> and New Hampshire
Sierra Club Office
40 North Main Street, 2nd Floor, Concord, NH 03301 Phone: 603/224-8222; Fax:
603/224-4719. The NH chapter is hosting a letter writing session Thursday
evening at their Concord office. Catherine Corkery,
<[log in to unmask]> is the chapter director.
There is an Upper  Valley group <http://uvsc.simplwebsite.com/>, whose
membership includes residents of both VT & NH.