UV-BIRDERS Archives

September 2012, Week 1

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
spencer hardy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
spencer hardy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Sep 2012 17:40:13 -0400
I stepped outside for a minute this evening and found yet another nice
flock right by the house. A smaller number of ants were flying (and
getting picked off). The Cape May was the first for me in several
years, and one of only a few ever at this location.
A Bay-breasted Warbler hit one of our windows this morning, and was
photographed by my dad before it recovered and flew away. The first
boreal warbler trifecta for the yard, even if they weren't all seen by
the same person.

Spencer Hardy
Norwich, VT

home, Windsor, US-VT
Sep 1, 2012 5:00 AM - 5:15 AM
Protocol: Stationary
21 species

Mourning Dove (Zenaida macroura)  2
Ruby-throated Hummingbird (Archilochus colubris)  3
Hairy Woodpecker (Picoides villosus)  1
Blue-headed Vireo (Vireo solitarius)  1
Blue Jay (Cyanocitta cristata)  3
Black-capped Chickadee (Poecile atricapillus)  5
Tufted Titmouse (Baeolophus bicolor)  1
Red-breasted Nuthatch (Sitta canadensis)  1
White-breasted Nuthatch (Sitta carolinensis)  1
American Robin (Turdus migratorius)  4

Tennessee Warbler (Oreothlypis peregrina)  1
Common Yellowthroat (Geothlypis trichas)  1
Cape May Warbler (Setophaga tigrina)  1     Nice views, rather drab
with streaked chest and minimal yellow
Magnolia Warbler (Setophaga magnolia)  2
Blackburnian Warbler (Setophaga fusca)  1
Chestnut-sided Warbler (Setophaga pensylvanica)  3
Black-throated Green Warbler (Setophaga virens)  3

Song Sparrow (Melospiza melodia)  1
Rose-breasted Grosbeak (Pheucticus ludovicianus)  1
Purple Finch (Haemorhous purpureus)  1
American Goldfinch (Spinus tristis)  4

Good Birding,
Spencer