UV-BIRDERS Archives

March 2012, Week 5

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cathy Smith Hybels <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cathy Smith Hybels <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Mar 2012 15:08:50 -0400
An adult Cooper's Hawk was spotted near our bird feeders this morning
located adjacent to the Milton Frye Nature Area meadow in Norwich, VT.
We have often seen it in flight, but this was the first time he was
observed near the feeders (perhaps looking for breakfast?).  I was able
to take a few pictures with a point-and-shoot camera while he was
crouched on the ground and then perched in a nearby tree.  Please email
me off-list if you would like to see the photos.

Cathy Hybels
Norwich, VT