NISUS Archives

September 2010

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 2010 16:54:31 +0900
On Sep 14, 2010, at 4:29 PM, Nobumi Iyanaga wrote:

> When I work in Nisus Writer Pro, very often, there is the style named "Normal" which is added to my files while I have never done that intentionally.

If you open a file which is not a NWP document (e.g. plain text file, TextEdit rtf file), Normal, Footer and Header appear in Paragraph styles menu.

> I cannot determine how and when this style is "imported" in my files -- perhaps when I do some copy and paste, but this seems not likely, because in that case, I guess I would have warning dialogues saying that I am importing a new style (or a conflicting style??).

I think NWP does not warn unless there is style name conflict, in my pref settings at least.

> As far as I know, there is no style of this name in my "Nisus New File.dot" and other stationery files.

Then, I'm not very sure. My default dot file does have Normal style.

Kino