NISUS Archives

October 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Bob Stern <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 28 Oct 2011 13:53:42 -0700
>Žorvaršur Davķšsson wrote:
>
>I have a MacBook Pro 17'' with 500 GB which I use now as my main
>computer. I would like to have a much bigger internal HD but
>according to Apple vendors that's the maximum size I can put into
>it, a larger HD will apparently not be recognized by the controller.

I cannot answer the question about the controller.

I can recommend the Samsung model M8 HN-M101MBB that you identified.
After some research, I bought one a few months ago for use in a
portable USB enclosure.  It is the size required to fit in a Macbook
Pro, unlike some other 1 TB drives that are thicker.  Its energy
usage and acoustic noise level are the lowest available for 1 TB.  It
seems to get one of the highest customer feedback ratings on vendors'
websites such as Newegg and Amazon.
--

Bob Stern