NISUS Archives

July 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Brian Ferguson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 15 Jul 2011 12:53:50 +1000
To clarify my previous messages.

Normally, when I click on a URL, Safari opens with the link copied to the address field from which I can proceed to download the file. At least this is what happens with MacUpdate links an others. Downloading occurs through Speed Download so I have a record of what happened.

But the link to the NWP 201 beta did not follow this track - although Safari opened, the URL was not displayed, hence my panic note here.

 Because there were several updates available this morning, I used my normal method and they worked. This meant, to me, that the NWP link was faulty.

However, because I clicked on the NWP link several times, I discovered that I had, in reality, asked for three downloads and all were coming.

Moral, don't always believe a link is not working. My result - one complete copy and two partial-stopped copies.

But I still don't know why the NWP link worked differently.

Regards from brianF