NISUS Archives

October 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Anne Cuneo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 25 Oct 2011 07:34:59 -0400
Well, I have my answer. Nothing is wrong, except the general ability to write.
I am as responsible as everyone else for that...
I have been busy reporting about Occupy Pradeplatz lately, Paradeplatz Zurich being the square where UBS and Credit Suisse have their historical headquarters, and their Swiss headquarters nowadays still. It was impressive, dignified, peaceful, and even some of the policemen said: “They occupy for me too».
Two weeks ago I was in London on the day when the news of Steve Jobs' death was known, and I have lived through an impressive, very emotional scene in Regent Street, where the huge London Apple Shop is. It was completely spontaneous. Jobs might have been a controversial personality, but he has contributed to so many people (including me) making something better of their life, that in the end only that counts – gratitude. Apple was not the only factor to live better, but it was a great facilitator, that's what everybody said.
Cheers.
Anne