NISUS Archives

August 2013

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Sat, 31 Aug 2013 15:55:41 +0900
> I think I have hit NWP's limit on document length. It is over 450 pages with footnotes, right-to-left sections, and use of the graphic layer. I must have hit a breaking point because opening the document suddenly takes minutes, and when it does finally open, adding a line into the document cause it to hang (spinning beach ball).

In my experience, NW used to be slow at handling multi-megabyte files, but has gotten much better. But Anne asks a good question. In that regard, how much RAM do you have? Many applications will slow down or have other problems if they are working in a crowded environment. This might not be your problem, but it's the best place to start.

Rick Davis