NISUS Archives

May 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Hamid Haji <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 21 May 2011 03:39:58 -0400
On Sat, 21 May 2011 12:54:46 +0900, Nobumi Iyanaga <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

[...]
>Can you give me the path to the PowerPC version?

Link for both Intel and PPC versions:

http://nisus.com/free/pro.php

Note from the Nisus site:

Nisus Writer Pro itself is always a Universal Binary and will run on both
PowerPC (PPC) and Intel Macs. However, our file importer (eg: for ".doc"
files) is not universal. The PPC importer runs on both PPC and Intel
machines, through Rosetta as necessary. However, the Intel importer only
runs on Intel machines, but is significantly faster.
[...]
>How did you rebuild your Launch Services database?

I used Cocktail app to do that. You can use any other maintenance utility or
use a command in Terminal:

http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20071102084155353

Hamid