NISUS Archives

July 2012

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2012 02:10:54 +0900
On 2012-07-24 [+0900 JST], at 11:28 PM, Philip Spaelti wrote:

> Hello Žorvaršur,
>
> I think Martin once explained something about this version number. It is maybe the version as calculated from NW Express. But I could be wrong.

Correct.

> The main purpose of this command is for macros that you want to exchange, and where your macro uses commands that were introduced later.

For that, you can use "Require Pro Version" command, which requires NWP 1.2 or higher, though.

> Philip
>
> On 24. Jul 2012, at 23:22 , Žorvaršur Davķšsson wrote:
>
>> On page 406 in the Nisus Writer Pro Manual there are two macro commands given to obtain the version number of the currently running Nisus Writer Pro application (see under "Current Nisus Writer application values", p. 406.)

Don't trust the manual which is very much outdated. You'd better consult the Macro Reference (Help -> Macro Language Reference).

>> If I select this:
>>
>> $version_number = Application Property "version"
>> Prompt $version_number
>>
>> and run the selection as macro, I get the result "4.0.2".
>>
>> Is this a bug?

No. You can see kinda table of correspondence in the Reference, under "Application Properties".

Kino