NISUS Archives

March 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Geoffrey Heard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 15 Mar 2011 09:16:17 +1100
At 8:45 AM -0400 14/03/11, William F. Maddock wrote:
>Briefly peaking out of lurk-mode...
>
>Geoff,
>
>I was thinking about replying to Eric regarding what he wrote, but
>you seem to have addressed the matters already. My thinking was
>along the lines of a question, not having ever heard of Mr. Larsson
>before: Is his writing supporting those things, or exposing them?
>When someone changes the paradigm of their political life it can be
>dreadfully difficult to get others to catch on. I think of the
>Apostle Paul immediately following his experience on the road to
>Damascus (the people he now agreed with were absolutely terrified of
>him because of what the Jewish leadership in Jerusalem had sent him
>to do; Acts Chapter 9, for the curious). Imagine how hard it was for
>him to get through to them that he was not committing some sort of a
>ruse in order to draw them in and trap them. We have to be careful
>of such things-that we do not unjustly condemn someone when they are
>not doing what we think they are doing.

And we would probably disagree about stuff you and I would classify
as righteous, William, but we have no disagreement about the fact
that people change.

Even so -- the Eritreans whom Larsson was actively supporting on the
ground in the 1970s were fighting for freedom from Ethiopia ... which
was supplied with weapons by the Soviet Union.

Cheers, geoff