NISUS Archives

October 2010

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 2010 06:29:14 -0400
Listers

For some reason on other, there has been a flurry of (four) reviews on the net of the books I wrote some twenty years ago.

> http://internationalnoir.blogspot.com/2010/10/foreign-forgotten-friday.html
>
> http://internationalnoir.blogspot.com/2010/09/foreign-forgotten-friday-overlooked_24.html

The five books are now longer available but I have the rights to them. Potential readers, particularly in the US, are complaining that they can't get hold of the books.

I am therefore thinking of doing a vanity print of some of these titles. This would require my scanning the original texts.

Two questions:

What is the easiest way to scan and ocr a novel with the Mac ?

Does anybody know anything about http://www.lulu.com/ or other such on demand printing services ?

TIA