NISUS Archives

October 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Rich Hansen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 28 Oct 2011 07:00:28 -0700
On Oct 28, 2011, at 3:40 AM, Þorvarður Davíðsson wrote:

> If not, the .zrtf file format seems to be the best default file format to go with. Am I right?

The problem with proprietary formats is that nothing else can touch them. If you send them to someone else you need remember to open and save as. And all for saving a few kb of hard disk space.

Hard disks are cheap. I can't imagine that they are all that more expensive in Germany. Just yesterday I saw an add for a 3Tb drive for less than 100$ and even if that were 150€ it's still cheap for that much space. THe odds of any written documents filling it up are slight. :-)

rich
--
Níl aon suáilce gan a duáilce féin.
There isn't a virtue without its own vice.

Rich Hansen
[log in to unmask] | [log in to unmask]