NISUS Archives

August 2013

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Hamid Haji <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 2013 08:38:51 +0100
On 7 Aug 2013, at 02:29, Þorvarður Davíðsson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

[...]
> I tested Pages, and it is like you said, it doesn’t work. Strange.
>
> I wonder, what is this feature for, if it doesn’t even work in Pages, that is owned by Apple??

[...]

An application must have, under Edit, a Substitutions:Text Replacement submenu (and it must be checked) for the text substitutions listed in System Preferences:Language & Text:Text to work.

NWP does not use this System feature and, therefore, does not have Edit:Substitutions:Text Replacement menu.

Pages has its own independent substitution feature which has all the default text replacements found in System Preferences repeated in its Preferences>Auto-Correction Preferences. The ‘Symbol and text substitution’ box must be checked.

Hamid