NISUS Archives

October 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Fri, 28 Oct 2011 13:59:27 -0600
On 2011 Oct 28, Fri, at 1:39 pm, Þorvarður Davíðsson wrote:
> On 28.10.2011, at 17:04, Hamid Haji wrote:
>> On 28 Oct 2011, at 15:30, Robert B. Waltz wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>>> I would imagine the .zrtf format (which might well be rtf with
>>> zip elements incorporated) will take significantly longer.
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> If you change the .zrtf file extension to .zip in the finder, you
>> can decompress it like any .zip file, but the decompressed rtf
>> file, with or without the file extension, can only be read by Nisus.
>
> And if you decompress it in Finder and make some changes in it,
> then save it again with default .zrtf in the Preferences it won’t
> be compressed again which is a bit odd. One has to use "Save as" in
> order to compress it again as .zrtf

Now that part—saving back to the same format it opened— does not seem
odd to me.  Otherwise every file I ever saved would be changed to the
default!  I would not expect it to know whether a file was originally
saved in a different format...  I would expect it to preserve the
format it was when it was opened.

Ben Andrus