NISUS Archives

October 2010

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Anne Cuneo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 2010 15:54:17 -0400
I lost the first three chapter of a novel on a quirk by Word, in… 1991. That day I
ordered Nisus, and never looked back. Don't touch anything word, I agree. As I
agree that Word 5.1 was usable (I had to use it at the office). But nowadays
Word just wants to do too much, so it's heavy and complicated. Fortunately, in a
way, so they lost the chance to monopolize 100% of the market. And of course,
it still dreams of monopoly, that's why it is often difficult, even with .rtf, to
«translate» a text in Word. I was told they do it on purpose.