NISUS Archives

July 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Nobumi Iyanaga <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 3 Jul 2011 13:17:14 +0900
Hello,

I wrote a little AppleScript droplet which changes the default application of files created with Classic Nisus Writer to Nisus Writer Pro. You can drag-&-drop a folder containing Classic Nisus Writer files on this droplet; it will go through the folder structure, find all these files, and change their default application to Nisus Writer Pro. Thus, when you double-click on these files on the Finder, they will open within Nisus Writer Pro (no longer in TextEdit, which is their "natural" default application).

I think this may be of some interest for those of you who still have many Classic Nisus Writer files, which, after OS 10.5, can be used only in Nisus Writer Pro.

You will find the droplet with a ReadMe at:
<http://www.bekkoame.ne.jp/~n-iyanag/researchTools/open_classic_nw_files_with_nwp.html>

Please use it at your own risk.

Best regard,

Nobumi Iyanaga