NISUS Archives

May 2010

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Hamid Haji <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 1 May 2010 10:00:36 +0100
On 29.04.2010, at 15:37, Kino wrote:

> To make available all your default styles in a text file opened in NWP, you can paste the content of it on a new document window. Here is a macro which does it automatically.
> <http://www2.odn.ne.jp/alt-quinon/files/NWPro/file/OpenTextFiles_nwm.zip>
> (It does not handle rtf/doc files.)

Thank you for the macro. It works for me as expected.

Where does one install the perl module Encode::Detect?
In /Library/Perl, I have:

5.10.0
5.8.9
archived_perl.cpio.bz2
Updates

Unlike in other Cocoa apps, there is no possibility in NWP to customise Plain Text Encoding in the Open dialog. Also, Arabic (Windows) encoding is missing in the current list of NWP Plain Text Encoding. Hence, Arabic (Windows) text files appear garbled when opened in NWP. I have to open such text files in another app, save them in UTF-8 and then open them in NWP. Installing the perl module Encode::Detect will help to overcome this shortcoming.

Hamid