NISUS Archives

June 2012

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Geoffrey Heard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 17 Jun 2012 20:52:06 +1000
At 4:34 PM -0700 16/6/12, Bob Stern wrote:
>>Geoffrey Heard wrote:
>>
>>I found AppleWorks, one of my favorite apps -- absolutely the best
>>ever, all round integrated apps for the administration and sales
>>management of my business
>
>Have you tried Bento?

I looked at it Bob, thanks, but I just had a giant brain fart and
couldn't get my head around it. I probably have to admit that I
wasn't trying as hard as I could have been; I wasn't pushed enough
because by the time I needed it, my need was actually decreasing --
the era of mass physical mailing was coming to an end and email was
taking over. In addition, NW was handling mail merge pretty well,
although you couldn't configure it to handle labels printing too as
you could AW (AW was THE mail merge machine), abd old reliable
Personal Organizer was (and is) continuing to handle the contacts
perfectly fine.

The physical mailing stuff is dead now -- just a few weeks ago, I dug
out 2500 envelopes from the bottom of my stationery cupboard and sold
them for a song on eBay. Been sitting there for 4-5 years. And a
whole lot of paper.

Such is life.

Cheers, geoff