NISUS Archives

October 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Geoffrey Heard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 31 Oct 2011 11:35:31 +1100
At 6:06 PM +0200 29/10/11,
=?UTF-8?Q?=C3=9Eorvar=C3=B0ur_Dav=C3=AD=C3=B0sson?=
wrote:
>On 28.10.2011, at 21:55, Andrus wrote:

>>  but even Geoff Heard has moved on while I lag
>>behind with old Apple products that just don't
>>die! :-) but it takes so long to learn all the
>>nuances and how to cope with new iphone-type
>>stuff...
>
>So you have got a new iPhone then? Every Mac
>user nowadays seems to have an iPhone. Until now
>I was completely happy without it, but now I am
>gradually beginning to think I'm seriously
>missing something. :-)

Žorvaršur

Personally, I wouldn't touch an iPhone with a 40
foot pole! I'll have a new post up on my PNG blog
in a day or so detailing how I was deep in the
most rugged mountains at the weekend -- and still
had service on my little LG which is basically a
phone. But then the village I was staying in was
on a ridge.

On the other hand, a couple of months ago when I
was photographing the National Mask Festival in
Rabaul, I thought I was pretty flash having my
MacBook Pro on hand so I could download the
photos from my camera during the day. As I said
-- "I thought". Then a bloke who was a journalism
trainee of mine 35 years ago appeared. He was
doing video with his iPhone, editing it was
required on the iPhone, then posting it to
YouTube from right there in the arena among the
dancers, within minutes!

He interviewed me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Me5DzOGew8

Cheers, geoff