NISUS Archives

October 2012

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Hamid Haji <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 13 Oct 2012 05:42:15 -0400
On Fri, 12 Oct 2012 23:06:00 +0200, jem cabanes <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I miss a a way to directly jump from one page to next, or to previous �not by scrolling. I haven't been able to find anything suitable in NWP. Is there a way to achieve this somehow?

Apart from Control Upwads Arrow and Control Downwards Arrow, you can also use the keys Page Up ⇞ and Page Down ⇟ (if available).
To see the entire page, rather than parts of two consequtive pages, set the zoom to 'Show Entire Page' from the zoom settings in the Statusbar.

Hamid

p.s.
I am posting the following message on behalf of Nobumi:

Hello jem,

I am not sure at all if it will work in every case, but I tried to write a macro for your purpose.

On Oct 13, 2012, at 6:06 AM, jem cabanes <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I miss a a way to directly jump from one page to next, or to previous –not by scrolling. I haven't been able to find anything suitable in NWP. Is there a way to achieve this somehow?

Here it is:

#### macro Jump to the next page:

Require Pro Version 1.3
$doc = Document.active
if $doc == undefined
	exit
end

$text = $doc.text
$therange = TextSelection.activeRange
$theindex = $therange.location

if $theindex == $text.length
	$theindex = $theindex - 1
end

$pagenum = $text.pageNumberAtIndex $theindex, 1

$nextpage = $pagenum + 1
Select Page $nextpage
Select Start

### end of macro

--------

Now, if you want to jump to the previous page, you would do:

#### macro Jump to the previous page:

Require Pro Version 1.3
$doc = Document.active
if $doc == undefined
	exit
end

$text = $doc.text
$therange = TextSelection.activeRange
$theindex = $therange.location

if $theindex == $text.length
	$theindex = $theindex - 1
end

$pagenum = $text.pageNumberAtIndex $theindex, 1

$previouspage = $pagenum - 1
Select Page $previouspage
Select Start

### end of macro

You can assign some shortcuts to these macros, and try if they work.

Best regard,

Nobumi Iyanaga
Tokyo,
Japan