NISUS Archives

August 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Geoffrey Heard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 10 Aug 2011 08:47:19 +1000
At 1:24 PM +1000 28/7/11, Brian Ferguson wrote:
>Ready, Set, Go! page layout program. . .
>
>It is now being rewritten totally for Lion and is expected to be
>available by December.
>
><diwan.com>

Pleasing to see -- the Mac desperately needs some alternative to Adobe.

ACDSee has just announced irrevocably that it won't be redoing Canvas
for Mac, Stone, the develoepr of Create, has turned his attention to
"i"gewgaws, and none of the smaller newies, while showing promise,
are up to speed for professional production in my view (there are
several on Windows).

Quark has just been sold to a finance company -- which probably means
it will be broken up and the component technologies sold off.

http://www.macworld.com/article/161580/2011/08/quarksale.html

"Acquisition and merger" company indeed. They operate by breaking up
what they buy!

Cheers, geoff