NISUS Archives

February 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Rick Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2011 14:35:37 +0900
> Hi.
>
> I need a keyboard shortcut to switch between languages in Nisus Writer Pro. Does such a thing exist? If so, how do I set it up. I had things working sort of, but my hard disk crashed. So, I'm not at all sure how I had things set up. I am writing an English text with inline non-Roman text. Specifically, Japanese.
>
> Thank you very much for your help!

IMHO, the best way to do this is set up a style specifying a Japanese font and Japanese as the language (and whatever other attributes you want). Then assign a keyboard shortcut to that style. I get the impression that you are using Japanese in the same paragraph, in which case you should use a character style, not a paragraph style. That way you can keep the same paragraph formatting while switching between languages.

I too switch between Japanese and English frequently, and that procedure works fine for me.

Rick Davis
rdavis at yin dot or dot jp