NISUS Archives

May 2010

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Sun, 23 May 2010 23:21:17 -0600
On 2010 May 23, Sun, at 4:32 pm, Geoffrey Heard replied to Ben :
>> I find that in powerFind
>
> Normal Find will do.

Umm I guess we could argue you are both correct and incorrect,
because when I set it to normal find and then choose "AnyText", it
changes itself to PowerFind.  Overly smart computers... at least that
works if you do things in proper order...

And I should have perhaps reminded that you must also ensure that
"Attribute Sensitive" is set to on.  That also happens if you do
things in the right order to cause it to happen.  choose these things
in irregular order, and you are out of luck, with no clue that I can
tell.  So much for the old Macintosh philosophy of things being non-
modal!  I  think we got a bit spoiled, and OSX has never been quite
as nice as the golden age in such matters. :-(

	Ben