NISUS Archives

October 2012

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Nobumi Iyanaga <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2012 11:01:33 +0900
Hello,

On Oct 16, 2012, at 7:16 AM, Žorvaršur Davķšsson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>> This feature does exist in NWP. The menu command Edit:Selection:Flash Selection does exactly what the Enter key does: it flashes the line of the cursor location.
>

> Excellent! Thank you Hamid.

This was the function that I was looking for too. Thank you.

It seems that Page Up or Page Down, or Ctrl + Up Arrow or Ctrl + Down Arrow are not exact equivalent of my macros, because with my macros, the insertion point moves too...

Now, I should improve them, because if the insertion point is in a comment or note, etc., they will not work as expected. There are two commands that are needed: the one which would return in which part of the document the insertion point is (in the main text, note, comment, etc.), and the other, which would select the "corresponding" main text if the insertion point is not there.

Does anyone know if these commands exist...?

Thank you.

Best regard,

Nobumi Iyanaga
Tokyo,