NISUS Archives

August 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Doug Browne <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 13 Aug 2011 09:32:50 +0100
Thanks for the Terminal hint, I needed that.

I have been using Lion since the day it came out and to start with I was confused and appalled! After a lot of experiment and several visits to the nearby Apple Store I am getting to know Lion quite well.  Apart from the beautiful new Mail, there are so many useful little features such as being able to change the size/shape of a window by dragging any edge our corner. Once you become familiar with them, 'Gestures' opens up a whole new way of operating my Mac. - Yes Geoff there is a two finger gesture!

Having used Macs for some twenty years, I was certainly stuck in a groove regarding operating them.  Now, with multiple Desktops and not having to find applications in a file or the Dock, I love the new OS as it seems so natural. It is informative to see very young kids entering the Apple Store, going up to Mac and with hardly any hesitation, performing the task they want. They certainly could not do this a month ago.

Doug

Dinosaurs are extinct!