NISUS Archives

May 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Hamid Haji <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 20 May 2011 17:01:03 -0400
On Fri, 20 May 2011 10:14:14 +0900, Nobumi Iyanaga <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>[...]
>Some minor things that I still don't find in NWP 2.0:
[...]
>2. the possibility of making tables larger than a page. Perhaps I am
>wrong, but it seems to me that this is currently not possible. For
>example, I have a rather long text, in its original language, and in
>its translation, and I would like to present the original text and
>the translation side by side, in a table of two columns. This is
>possible if the text can be shown in one page, but if it is longer,
>we have to make another table in a new page, etc., and this is very
>inconvenient... Again, MS Word is able to do this.
[...]

Hello Nobumi,

I think you can achieve what you want by using text boxes; you can have a
set of two text boxes side by side on each page. You can cause the text to
flow from one text box to any other text box in the same document in any
order. If you link the text box on the right side of the page to the text
box on the right side of the following page, any remaining text not able to
fit in the text box on a page will flow to the designated text box on the

Hamid