NISUS Archives

October 2012

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Sat, 20 Oct 2012 07:00:50 +0900
Have you tried relaunching the Finder? Or rebooting the machine?

And it is a good idea to keep the desktop clean with as few items as possible. I myself had a terrible clutter there and didn't realize how much of a performance hit I was taking until I got rid of most of it.

--------------------
Rick Davis

>> On 19 Oct 2012, at 00:46, Geoff Roynon wrote:
>>
>>> Have you checked your folder - <user>/Desktop?
>>>
>>> Keeping files on the desktop is not good practice and creates a lot more work for the O/S.
>>>
>>> Jeff
>>
>> Geoff
>>
>> In file view, there are folders there.
>>
>> That it should not be good practice to put stuff on the desktop is something I can understand. But in the present situation, the desktop is not functioning properly.
>>
>> I have looked at all Finder options and I don't see what allows me to make the necessary changes.
>>
>> At the present, I have a desktop picture and nothing else. Very frustrating.

> Not sure what to suggest - you could try a safe boot (hold the shift key while booting). That may show the missing files.
>
> Jeff

リック・デーヴィス
Rick Davis
rdavis at mx6 dot nns dot ne dot jp