NISUS Archives

October 2012

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Fri, 19 Oct 2012 07:07:35 -0400
On 19 Oct 2012, at 00:46, Geoff Roynon wrote:

> Have you checked your folder - <user>/Desktop?
>
> Keeping files on the desktop is not good practice and creates a lot more work for the O/S.
>
> Jeff

Geoff

In file view, there are folders there.

That it should not be good practice to put stuff on the desktop is something I can understand. But in the present situation, the desktop is not functioning properly.

I have looked at all Finder options and I don't see what allows me to make the necessary changes.

At the present, I have a desktop picture and nothing else. Very frustrating.