NISUS Archives

January 2021

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Nobumi Iyanaga <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 13 Jan 2021 10:28:09 +0900
A Happy New Year to All! Despite this pandemic, there are things that move... Sign of life!

> On Jan 13, 2021, at 8:02, Timothy Williams <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> Best wishes to one and all for the new year.
>
> I am reworking a text. The original text is in red and I want my corrections to be in black.
>
> Is there any way in which I can automatically ensure that writing/correcting within the text will always be in a different colour

I think you may think of a macro, that "automatically ensure that writing/correcting within the text will always be in a different colour" -- but to activate this macro, you would have to select a menu item, so in that sense, it cannot be really "automatic". If you have to select a menu item anyway, then, a (or several) shortcuts for sub-menu items to some of "Text Color" in "Format" would be sufficient. This is what I do: I have "Command + R + D" for "Red", etc., to make corrections or for other purposes. And for me, these shortcuts work without problem -- they are quite useful, and easy to set.

Best regards,

Nobumi