NISUS Archives

June 2010

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Philip Spaelti <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 20 Jun 2010 18:52:25 +0900
On 20. Jun 2010, at 18:25 , Žorvaršur Davķšsson wrote:

> On 20.06.2010, at 06:33, Philip Spaelti wrote:
>
>> And here another thing: even without bothering with bookmarks at all, an inserted table of contents moves you to the location by double clicking. The only "drawback" is that you have to click on the page number instead of the text.
>
> This is a much better solution than what I was trying to do. I was not aware that I could double click on the page number. Thank you. You made my day. :-)
>

> Žorvaršur

Well glad I could help. Actually when I wrote my first message I wasn't aware of this feature either. I discovered while trying to create a TOC according to your instructions :-O

On 20. Jun 2010, at 17:09 , Žorvaršur Davķšsson wrote:

> Assuming it would work, is there any way to simulate the down arrow key in a macro in order to move down to the next cross-reference?

While the original purpose seems to have been made irrelevant, to solve this problem I can suggest the following. I don't think you can type down arrows, but what one can do is type the actual name of the bookmark. So assuming there is a bookmark named "My bookmark" the following will select it in the cross reference menu, and then insert a cross-reference at the current insertion point:

Cross-Reference
Type Text "My bookmark"
Press Default Button

Since this would presumably be used in a macro that itself has created the bookmark, one would just have to save the names of the bookmarks in an array and then use these variables to insert the cross-refs:

$bookmarkArray = …

foreach $bookmark in $bookmarkArray
	#
	# put some code to place the cursor in the right place here
	#
	Cross-Reference
	Type Text $bookmark
	Press Default Button
end

Note however that the cross-references will use the display text as previously selected. Since that choice is in a pop-up menu I doubt one could do anything about that.

Philip Spaelti