NISUS Archives

January 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
paolo savonuzzi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2011 12:18:05 +0100
'morning, Žorvaršur

On 12/gen/2011, at 00.06, Žorvaršur Davķšsson wrote:

>> startup items reset to "none" and Safari cache emptyied.
>
> You mean cache in Safari is emptied without you being directly involved?

sorry: actually not the cache but all bookmarks and "Top Sites" previews are lost
same as when one zaps the Pram

actually... it most likely happens on restarts following the installation/update of some app that asks "admin privileges". but also, very randomly, on its own

> Regarding third party applications, do you possibly use one of the following programs as startup items?
>
> Spark
> SizzlingKeys
> SimpleFloatingClock
> ChronoSync with ChronoSyncBackgrounder
> Default FolderX with Default FolderX Helper
> MUMenu
> Paste Master
> BusyCal with BusyCalAlarm
> FlexCalAgent (Part of BusyCal)
> Chronories
> Contactizer Pro
> MaxMenus
> Typinator
> Scribblet
> MenuCalendarClock

none of those on my Mac(s). but I don't think some sturtup item is necessarily the culprit

> The Finder crashes now indeed far more often than I am used to. The good thing though is that it automatically relaunches again and very fast

exactly! and I can reproduce this behaviour whenever I want :-/
never ever seen this issue prior to 10.6

how do you say, in english... "mal comune mezzo gaudio"? ;-p
--
paolo